Monday, January 24, 2011

The Mullet of Wedding Dresses

My obsession with what I like to call the mullet of dresses began with this picture of Carey Mulligan at the 2010 Academy Awards.

Adorable right? The drama and tradition of a train with fun and sass of short dress I was in love. My love grew deeper when I stumbled upon this wedding on Oncewed.


Perfection. The hair, the shoes and the dress! She’s fabulous and so is her wedding and I instantly wanted her dress.

Fortunately for me and all you other mullet dress loving brides dress designers seem to be picking up on this trend and a quick search brings up this pretty from Watters-

This dress from Davids Bridal is very similar to the one from Oncewed-


And the cherry on top of is this beauty from Amsale a bubble/ high low hemline!


I haven’t had a chance to sit down with my seamstress to discuss dress design but guaranteed this hemline will be high on my want list!

Images courtesy of Zimbio.com, oncewed.com, watters.com, davidsbridal.com, and amsale.com respectfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment