Thursday, January 6, 2011

If the Shoe Fits

I’m a big believer that all good outfits start from the ground up, and by ground I mean the shoes. Some of my favorite outfits have started off with the perfect pair of footwear so it goes without saying that on one of the biggest fashion days of my life (our wedding) I would abide by my tried and true policy.

My search for the perfect wedding shoes began and ended with this Zooey Deschanel for Cotton ad-

This ad is perfection in my eyes, besides the fact that I big puffy heart love Zooey Deschanel the whole aqua, gray vintage bike combo is just to die for and those shoes can we please talk about those shoes! Yummy aqua pep toe heels with a big floppy bow, it was love at first sight and I was smitten. My love for the yummy aqua pep toe pumps with a floppy bow went unrequited for some time and every time I came across the ad in one of my magazines I would oh and ah over my precious shoes but nothing ever came of it.

I was convinced that since the shoes had been featured in a national ad campaign featuring a A list celebrity that my dream shoes would be way out of my price range and I didn’t feel like having my bubble burst. That is until one day after receiving a paycheck heavy with 20 plus hours of overtime, I had money in my pocket I was feeling the itch to drop some cash and these shoes became my man target.

One Google searches later and I had found out that my shoes were designed Vivienne Westwood for Melissa and were available for purchase at a fairly reasonable price from my favorite shoe dealer zappos.com­­­­­. A couple mouse clicks and a lighter wallet later these pretty were on their way to our home, Zappos must have sensed my longing for new shoes because the upgraded my shipping to priority next day air and bringing these pretties to my hot little hands in less than 24 hours.

I’ve had my shoes for a little less than a year now and I’ve had no buyer’s remorse. The shoes are everything I had hoped for in a wedding shoe. Uber comfy with a sensible heal (perfect since J and I are the same height) and even though they are made out of Jelly like material the plastic material photographs more like a patent leather and doesn’t pinch.

Did you buy a portion of your wedding day look before you purchased your dress if so did you have any buyer remorse?

*Oh and no I haven’t purchased a dress yet but don’t worry I have something up my sleeve that will make finding the perfect dress easy peasy! *

Cotton ad image courtesy of zooey-fan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment