Thursday, February 10, 2011

Im with the Band

I knew from about day one of our engagement that I would get a non-traditional wedding band. I wanted something bold and colorful that could be worn without my engagement ring. Something kind of like this-

With the extra money we saved on J’s wedding band we had a pretty healthy sum in our budget to be able to afford almost any band of my choosing. That all change though the day J shared with me his stress over our ever grown budget. In the past couple of months we’ve found ourselves going over budget on big ticket items like photography and rentals and as much as it sucked my wedding band was one place we both saw we could save some money to help cover our overages. It’s not the most ideal situation but since I wasn’t 100% attached to any one ring and considering J’s own inexpensive ring purchased I figured it was only fair to limit my own budget.

Since I knew our new ring budget wouldn’t stretch far enough to include gemstones or expensive metals I focused my search on sterling silver bands similar to the one we purchased for J several months back. Me be me though I still wanted it to have some special to set it apart from other silver bands and I found it in Tiffany’s sterling silver I Love You ring.

The ring is a perfect complement to J’s sterling silver band and its petite size means it fits nicely against my engagement ring. I’m really happy with our choice in wedding bands and I’m even happier with their small impact to our budget.

Now the only thing left to do is figure out what in the hell we’re going to have engraved inside them I’m thinking something thing classic like our wedding date or should we go for something quirky?

No comments:

Post a Comment