Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bag-o-Napkins

Ikea is my happy place. It’s not out of the ordinary for me and J to head to Ikea for a yummy lunch of Swedish meatballs and window shopping; I love the place that much. Lately J and I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing some budget nugget place setting for our wedding at Ikea in hopes that it would help keep our rental cost down. While the logistics and cost involved in providing our own dishware is still up in the air J and I no longer have to worry about renting napkins!

Recently J and I found ourselves at Ikea in hopes of purchasing a frame for our recent concert poster acquisition when we came upon these bad boys in the dishware section.

I absolutely love the gray of the stripy napkins and the price was just right at 2.50 for a pack of 30. Since we were on a napkin buying kick I threw in a couple packs of plain white napkins in case we run out of the cutesy one and some smaller cocktail napkins that will get a makeover with my trusty Gocco printer to better coordinate with our décor. The quality of the napkins is top notch and the minimal dent to my wallet makes me one happy girl.

Take a peek at the breakdown-

· Strippy 15x15 napkin- 10 packs of 30 napkins at 2.49

· White 16x16 dinner napkins- 2 packs of 100 napkins at 1.99

· White 9 ½ x 9 ½ cocktail napkins- 4 packs of 50 napkins at 1.99

· Donation to ikea to purchase a tree (and to offset our use of paper products)-$1

Total for 700 napkins to help keep our guest clean $38! Now that is what I call a budget win. Now excuse me while I give myself an air high five.

No comments:

Post a Comment